Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Graveyard Tale


Nikon D2X
Lens 18-70mm 1:3.5-4.5G
ISO 200
F7.1
1/90sec
Focal Length 70mm
No Flash, Natural Lighting
Alrighty hope this loads okay! Obviously I used the tree from Jay'me's picture as a basis for my picture. I was trying to do an atmospheric shot of life and death, light and dark, while trying to incorporate the live oak and spanish moss that Savannah Georgia is known for. Savannah is also known for ghosts and such, i.e my choice of using a graveyard as well.
I used Adobe Photoshop to bump up the vibrancy a little bit on the green foliage and adjusted the lighting a bit


*****************
Brandi busts in again! Dang I'm a total blog stealer. So, I just realized that this post didn't actually post to the blog. I know Sere was having some internet issues while traveling so I'm re-posting it. I'm crossing my fingers that Sere is ok with that because it's 10:17pm and I'm not mean enough to message her to ask permission.
So, if something isn't right it's my fault. I accept full responsibility.
Looking forward to building on this tomorrow. My brain is already in overdrive.
Great job Sere! I would have never thought to take a photo in a graveyard but it makes for a beautiful shot.

1 comment:

  1. Love it Sere! Great play on the lighting. Someday I have to make it to Savannah. Everything looks so stunning and foreign.

    ReplyDelete