Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday Faces with E-Man!

There is no question I'm in love with my first born. And when he says "Daddy, am I going to be on the computer again?" it's simply too hard to resist. I took this photo pre-Christmas yet felt it appropriate if only for the bokeh. Sere's photo of the figurines had great color too. So I decided this would work. Then there's the fact that the wrestling meet I was planning on shooting ended up happening without me. Oh well. Next time. Without further adieu, heeeeerrrrreeeeee's E-Man!



Canon 30D
Canon EF 50mm f/1.4
Shutter 1/160
Aperture f/2.0
ISO 200
Natural Light

For the shot, I had Ethan stand near a window with indirect sunlight (and I think it was cloudy). The biggest challenge was white balance as the light from the window was different from the ambient light in the room. I'm not sure I know the correct answer but I chose to make sure Ethan's skin tone was the best and didn't worry about the background.

Then of course there was the challenge of getting him to smile without moving like a punching balloon. It's a serious problem if the subject is constantly changing the distance from the focal plane. And when shooting with an aperture of f/2.0, you don't have much depth of field to work with. My solution was to give him a spot to plant his feet and he could move anything else. I still got many out of focus shots but I also got many keepers.

Okay, that about does it for me folks. All of you have a great weekend and check us out tomorrow for some Brandi inspiration. I should mention Brandi is traveling and might need a substitute. In that case, you'll get a double dose of me. Whoopieee!!! Peace out y'all!

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment