Monday, April 25, 2011

Sure it Feels Like Spring!

So I saw Mamalu's guest post and I immediately thought how easy it would be to follow, owing to my penchant for photographing flowers. Piece of cake! But the more I thought about it, the more I thought I should try to do something else. So of course I dipped into the archives for this shot:

Canon 30D
Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L at 51.0mm
Aperture f/2.8
Shutter 1/500
ISO 100
Natural Light

This unequivocally a photo from last autumn. My connection is that although it's "supposed" to be spring, it feels more like fall. Weak, I know. But I've got about 137 things to do before bedtime tonight and, well, I suck, and this drew the short straw. All the same, I love this photo. It's Ethan looking quite sweet and vulnerable. I did the conversion using Digital Photo Professional and I probably should have used PSE. Maybe I'll give that a try later.

Moving on, I have a little business to tend. My latest WW post was indeed connected by water. I happen to race sailboats (no I don't own it) and I've been dying to somehow work that into photography. It's not easy when you're racing! Anyway, this photo gave me a chance to try out light painting. I set-up the scene in a completely dark room (my basement) and then set the exposure to 10 seconds. While the shutter was open, I illuminated the scene piece by piece using a hand held flash light. It was a ton of fun. You can choose what to spot light just by spend more time with the flashlight on said item. Give it a try!

As for the winning guess, I could say I used random.org, but the truth is that I'm choosing Sara, only because she's never graced these pages. I know Sara - she's a good friend. And we love us some Amanda and Mamalu. But I thought we'd give Sara a shot (pun absolutely intended!). Sara, email us at 3chicks1dudephoto@gmail.com and we'll work it out! Hope you're all having a great week!

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment