Monday, November 15, 2010

Amanda, how much do we love ya?

We are so lucky to have our first repeat guest photographer.
We were first introduced to her here and then she won again last week

In Amanda's words:
I thought I would give a little more detail this time. As you know my name is Amanda and I love photography! I have considered myself a photographer for about 10 years though I have taken breaks. I recently started to edit using Photoshop CS5. My main subject these days is my son, but I am in love with taking landscapes and macros. Ialso crochet and sew when I have the time. I am currently working on newborn props for myself and my aunt who is a great photographer.
Sorry if that rambled... :-)


Didn't ramble at all Amanda. It's so great to get to know you even better. To see more of Amanda you can pop on over to her blog http://querylovephotography.blogspot.com. Go on over and follow her, I do. Oh and this is Brandi in case you didn't know.


Now on to the photo. Here's the story behind the picture:
When I looked at Scott's photo I instantaneously knew what my subject would be. I took a similar photo in high school, though it wasn't as cool as Scot ts, of a glass ball that had a little world with butterflies and green in it. I love that photo, but I didn't want to recreate what I or Scott had done, just use the inspiration. So I got my glass ball that has orange and air bubbles inside it and found some natural light with some cool background to reflect inside the ball and voila! I got what you see here (with a little editing thrown in)!

Thanks again! I really do enjoy your challenge and I find it is very cool that you give your readers a chance to have a go at it.


Canon Powershot A495
Exposure 1/1250
f/4.5
ISO 800

Excellent job Amanda! Gorgeous as always.
I'm already getting excited about how to follow it up.

Scott awarded last Wednesdays wordless winner already. Kevin McQuire you need to give us a shout at 3chicks1dudephoto@gmail.com so we can make proper arrangements. As Amanda would tell you, it's an easy process. We like to share our sandbox so we always play nice.

Thanks again Amanda!!!

3 comments:

  1. That's really cool! It has a very beautiful organic nature to it. It really flows with movement like you would see in an underwater volcanic flow where the water swirls. Yet it resembles a lily flower and rain drops. There's so much movement frozen in glass.
    This is a really fun study with a playful feel. I love the captured tiny bubbles, the bright crispness, and the upward flowing composition of the piece.
    BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shot! I love it! It does have a flowery water feel to it. And the composition is wonderful. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Amanda. Thanks so much for posting again. I love the patterns of the glass and the splashes of color. Great job.

    ReplyDelete