Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Another revised wordless Wednesday

Thanks to everyone for hanging in there while we figure out how best to make Wordless Wednesday work. I'm (Brandi) going to go a little astray today and revamp the way WW is going to work moving forward. I hope my partners in crime don't mind as I'm making these changes without consultation.
Life is nothing if not an evolution. So here's the last (and God willing final) way we're working WW.

The poster (that's me) will post a photo and it's settings. No other verbiage is allowed. The commenter's (that's you) will guess in the comments section below what ties Tuesdays photo to Wednesdays photo. It can be a setting. It can be a play on words. It can be a theme. It can be anything. In almost every photo there are numerous ties thus creating no right or wrong answer. Just simply make a comment below and you'll be entered into our drawing to be our next guest photographer.

What happens when I'm a guest photographer?
Good question. Guest photographers typically post on Sunday (that can be amended if needed). All you have to do as a guest is email us a photo sometime before 10pm on your post day. The photo has to be yours, it has to tie into the photo before it and we (3C1D) has to be given authorization to use your photo. That's it.

Why would I want to be a guest photographer?
Another grand question. Guest photographers get the creative challenge of working with other photographers to make their photo. Additionally, if you have a blog, website or such that you would like to "advertise" this is a good way to do that. We're happy to share a link to your space on the world wide web. But most importantly, you get to say that you were a photographer with 3C1D. It's a pretty prestigious title. *wink, wink*

But I'm not good enough!
You are good enough and gosh darn it people like you! We love photography of all kinds. Cell phone, point and shoot, high end professional grade. Anything goes around these parts. We believe that everyone out there has a viewpoint and we want to see it.

When will I know if I've won?
The contest will go on until the poster (that's me) announces the winner on his or her next post day. So if all things go according to plan I will announce today's winner on Monday. (Should there not be a guest photographer to post on Sunday I would then announce the winner on Sunday.) The poster (that's me) will then share the story behind that shot as well as their photo for that day.

How is the winner chosen? Are you guys playing favorites?
No favoritism here. Random.org will be used to generate the winner. Everyone that enters, regardless of what their guess is, has an equal chance of winning.

I want to be a photographer on your site but I don't ever win. What can I do?
Bribery kids. We all loved baked goods. I'm just sayin'.
Kidding aside, if you want a chance to come play along just send us an email 3chicks1dudephoto@gmail.com and ask. We're happy to oblige.

Now, has that answered all the questions? I hope so. Be sure to ask if it does not.

Thanks for being such awesome readers. I speak for everyone when I say we're honored to be here doing what we love and sharing it with people around the world. We treasure every comment (nice or constructive) and want to hear more from all of you. Even you, sitting there in the bunny slippers.
Here's my photo for today. Look for the winner announce and story behind the photo on my next post day (Sunday or Monday).
XOXO,
Brandi


Nikon D40 kit lens
shutter speed 1/1250
aperture f/3.5
ISO 400

6 comments:

  1. smart ass answer: Church on tuesday...and bass pro are synonyms in this household...and I am sure at the witt's and simpson's as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me just say how prowd I am of you for this photo, Brandi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, if the previous picture was a church, this one is a Cathedral.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to guess this is a tribute to your husband Scott--who loves to fish and are those the doors to the Church you got married at in the picture from the day before? going out on a limb there but why not?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that I read the explanation more with the photo of the Church it isn't yours but I know what Church it is as I love running by it--Fishing is Scott's passion and you did the photo as a tribute to him and taking care of him is your passion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, Real answer: The doors of the church have the same design as the windows of BPS.

    ReplyDelete