Saturday, February 19, 2011

Isn't Girls Hair Awesome?

Boy Jay'me sure has been giving me great images to follow. Thanks a bunch J! With this post, I decided to focus on the model's hair. There is just something beautiful about long hair and the way it catches light.

For my photo, I just had to post this picture of my neighbors daughter. I took the photo in October but I wanted to post it now because of the sunlight shining through from behind. My only regret is that I use a crappy photo editor and I can't dodge her face a bit to lighten it up and draw more focus. The good new is that I continue my fight to join 2011 and ordered a new computer Friday. Thank God! Photoshop, here I come!



Canon 30D
Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 (Just an awesome lens)
Aperture f/4.0
Shutter 1/160
ISO 100
Natural Light

As for post production, I did up the contrast, lower the highlights, upped saturation 1 tick, and sharpened.

Looking at this photo just makes me yearn even more for summer. Looking outside right now, you might think it's close. But I know we're do for a sucker punch by old man winter sometime soon. Until summer arrives, I guess I'll lean on these photos of warmer days to get me by. After all isn't that part of why we take photos?

A quick final note to you fellow photogs out there. Do any of you use Adobe Lightroom as a primary photo editor? I saw a fantastic sale the other day and I nearly bought it. But that was before I ordered the new computer and my current computer would have melted just looking at Lightroom. I would love to hear from anyone with experience with Lightroom. Thanks in advance!

Scott

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love hair highlights, especially on little ones. I use both Lightroom and Photoshop for different things. I LOVE Lightroom! You can organize and do a lot of editing with it. You can also put slideshows together, supposedly for your website, haven't tried that yet, but hope to. It has very easy editing tools for exposure, fill lights, contrast, etc. It also has saome filters that are included (I think) in the program. I would recommend buying it. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this shot! She is SPRING & SUMMER all wrapped in one. What a lovely expression and connection she has with use, the viewers. Maybe she he has a future in modeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the intel Sere. I may yet join the modern world. @J - thanks for the comment. She's a real sweetheart and I wouldn't be surprised to see her in the pages of a children's clothing catalog or something like it.

    ReplyDelete