Monday, March 21, 2011

Hoping Spring is Springing!

I am posting this to say I'm ready for Spring! Plus I want to motivate a friend of mine - you know who you are. This is a gerber daisy, as I'm sure many of you know. It might be my favorite flower. They are extraordinary blooms, and when you look through a macro it's even more apparent.



Canon 30D
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro
Aperture f/14.0
Shutter 1/60
ISO 800
Sunlight

You'll notice the rather small aperture. The idea was to get a good solid depth of field with such a close-up picture. Owing to the small aperture I was forced to drive up the ISO a bit. I found however that when the subject has this much going on the noise is really difficult to notice, especially on the screen. It's there but it doesn't detract like it might from a crystal blue skyline.

So let's give a toast to spring! Here here! And more 60 degree days please.

Scott

1 comment:

  1. As you know I LOVE close ups and studying 'How it's Made". I'm drawn to the fading edge just as much as the detail. The world is so stinking beautiful when you look in the right places. Thanks for the awesome shot.

    ReplyDelete