Sunday, April 10, 2011

Water Droplets!

I loved how both Scott and Brandi used lighting to really make their pictures work. My tie in was supposed to be using lighting as well to create a certain effect in my post today. It didn't go so well and I ran out of experimentation time. I didn't really like any of the pictures I took, but since I had run out of time I had to choose one, so I did.

Nikon D2X


ISO-100


Aperture F/8


Shutter Speed 1/25 sec.


18-200mm at 200mm


Natural Lighting


Without having a macro lens I find it hard to capture water droplets which I so want to practice learning how to do. This is why I use my telephoto and zoom in, but it just doesn't work very well and as you can see the picture gets so soft looking. I love that I was able to capture the droplets on the leaf, but it just didn't quite turn out the way I had envisioned it in my head.


On the plus side I did learn a new way to sharpen an image in Photoshop that I hope to play around with some more.


Off to bed I go, I am beat! Tomorrow is another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment