Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I'm So Cursed...

So, this little bad luck charm and I ran circles around each other for a good while this morning. I'm pretty sure if I'm to get struck by lighting for crossing his path, you will all see the glow from where ever you are!
I couldn't use a flash on this shy guy and he wouldn't let me pose him. So it was a sit and wait kind of a thing. I of course played with my setting and ISO speed. I took a ton of over and under exposed shots to gripe about and a few shots to share.

After seeing Sere's shot yesterday, I was all a flutter thinking of dogs and werewolves. How to tie in the season upon us and her subject with teeth ???
My dog are NOT scary & unless I put costumes on them, they really wouldn't work. An owl would have been awesome but I don't have one all trained up to show up at 8:30 am to shoot. So here kitty kitty kitty.
The only cat I have access to is a free roaming (on a busy street) barn cat who happens to be completely jet black. I knew getting him yawning would have been most awesome but he didn't cooperate.

So here's Buddy the barn cat.






Cannon EOS
Manual
natural light
1/2000
f 5.6
55mm
ISO 400




Cannon EOS
Manual
natural light
1/1600
f 5.6
55mm
ISO 400

3 comments:

  1. Here Kitty, Kitty! I've been trying for months to get a good picture of any of the 4 cats that exist between my house and my parents house. You have succeeded where I have failed.
    Perfectly capturing that almost menacing look in their eyes, especially on black cats. The grass in the first picture offers the perfect relief against the all black. It really adds highlights. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that prowling look. It's such a cat thing. And the triangle shape implied with the grass mirrors the cats ears and face (eyes to nose). It's such a geometric treat. And I love that it frames the kitty's face. And you again got low to get a cat's eye view. Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome shot Jay'me! I'm sorry I did it to you again with another animal picture. But you did such an awesome job with this one I figure you'll be fine haha. I love the grass in front of him such a contrast and then you have the green grass with the green eyes, very neat. I love the texture on your second pic of his tongue. I don't think I could get that closet to my barn cat to get the texture of his tongue. Great job!

    Sere

    ReplyDelete