Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Bit of a Punt

Tonight we were hoping to feature Amanda, out latest guest poster. I happen to know she's feeling a bit under the weather as is her little one. I'm thinking it's got the best of her this evening and I look forward to when she's feeling herself once more.

Meanwhile our very own Brandi is dealing with issues in her home as well and is just plum too tired to post. So...you get me and a picture of my very fat first son Ethan.

Canon 30D
Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L
ISO 200
Aperture f/2.8
Shutter 1/120
Speedlight pointed towards the ceiling
I'm comforatble calling Ethan fat because he's only 5 months old and I happen to know he was fed very well. The connection is simply the black and white conversion. In my case, the color of the baby tub really distracted from Ethan himself. Additionally I hadn't thought much about the background, which was also full of distracting colors. So black and white it was!
By way of news, I'm typing this on my brand spanking new computer and I already love it. Now to learn Photoshop - piece of cake! Happy Tuesday everyone.
Scott

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Scott. That it did. I even had some pictures of geese in mud I wanted to share... And then yes our icky selves definitely 2w`t2oo`k o`2v`err.`r(<--- And that is what happens when you try to type and hold a sick baby. :-p) took over. Hope everyone is better than us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to 2011 Scott.
    There are no words for how much I love this squishy E-Man. It's a great photo and really, he's so chunky... I LOVE it.
    The conversion is great. Just enough contrast and no blown highlights. I SUCK at conversions.
    Thanks for stepping up and helping last night.

    @Amanda, I hope everyone starts feeling better soon at your house. Sick babies are the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you get Lightroom too or are you just going to play with Photoshop? Love the chunky baby and spikey hair look haha!

    ReplyDelete