Monday, March 14, 2011

Sad

Ladies and Gentleman, boys and girls, chicks and dudes...

It's with great sadness in my heart that I submit this as my last photo for the blog for a little bit.
This blog is a piece of my soul. It's my brain child and all the friends are tied together by Brandi glue. It's not easy for me to leave (and it's not permanent).

For those of you that don't know me and don't follow along on my other blog, my husband is terminally ill. He has a rare genetic disease that has ravaged his body. Things have progressively gotten worse since the beginning of the year and this past week (last Tuesday to be exact) we brought in hospice to help assist me in caring for him in his final days. Taking care of him and our 3year old little girl has to take precedence at the moment.
Rest assured I will be returning when life gets a little less crazy. I just cannot in good faith continue to attempt to post on my day. The photo I have for today is less then stellar (not that that matters around here) and to be honest I didn't give it a single thought that today was my day.
I love all my photo friends and hate not honoring my commitment to the group. I know they all support me in my leave of absence and will continue on without me until I can return.
If there is anyone that would like to take my place for the time being please contact us at 3chicks1dudephoto@gmail.com. I know my friends can handle a 3 day rotation but it's better with 4 the way I intended it.

In saying "see you soon" I offer you slobbery dog kisses from my new friend Sedona.

Nikon D300s - yipppeeee
Nikon 24-70 f/2.8 - swoon @48mm
ISO 3200 - say what?
Shutter speed 1/320
Aperture f/2.8 did you expect anything else?

I am LOVING my new gear. Sadly, I haven't been able to really study it much. This picture could really benefit from some post processing. Brighten things up, sharpen things up and remove the noise. I could have helped some of that noise by turning down my ISO but I just didn't have the mental capacity to make such a correction today.
I'll still be here with photos whenever the time allows and I'll be here all the time with my love and support for my "family". I look forward to my return.

Love you much,
Brandi

No comments:

Post a Comment