Sunday, March 6, 2011

SuperStar!

Happy Sunday folks! I hope everyone is enjoying the last bits of their weekend. Finding time to refresh, recharge and refocus for the week ahead.
Maybe you should take a nice, long, hot, bubble bath.

Nikon D40 kit lens @ 38mm
ISO 800
Shutter speed 1/80
Aperture f/5.0
natural light

This is one of my daughters bath tub toys. Once upon a time he would spit water like a fountain. The batteries have long since died so my dear sweet child refuses to let him in the tub anymore. I feel kind of bad for the little guy so I gave him some tub time before turning the girl child loose.
There isn't anything extravagant about this photos. I will tell you that I intentionally underexposed the shot in camera so that I wouldn't blow the white highlights. I knew I was going to have to brighten things up manually using Photoshop Elements 8. Making decisions on what post processing you're going to do before shooting is always helpful.
I took a few at proper exposure in camera and sure enough, the highlights were all blown. Glad, I thought things through before hand.

My tie to Jay'me's fantastic gumballs is two fold. One the vibrant colors of Mr. Star. Two, the childlike quality that both photos possess.

Enjoy your beautiful Sunday everyone.
Our fantastic repeat guest poster Amanda will be charming us with something fantastic tomorrow.

xoxox,
Brandi

No comments:

Post a Comment